Hearing Protection & Custom Ear Pieces
You can protect your hearing or enhance your listening experience with specially designed hearing protection and custom ear pieces.
Protecting your hearing from harmful noise is important to preserving your hearing clarity. The majority of people who experience a loss in hearing clarity have that loss because they have not effectively protected their ears—this is called “Noise Induced Hearing Loss”. Everyday noise that can harm your ears includes:
- power tools, chainsaws, woodworking equipment
- construction or industrial equipment
- recreational noise – motorcycles, speedboats
To protect your ears, wear earplugs or earmuffs.
Custom Ear Plugs
For extra comfort and protection, we can provide you with custom earplugs that will conform specifically to your ear canals and can be customized to provide you with the right protection for specific noise environments. Hunters earplugs (shown above right) feature a valve that closes in the presence of impact noise. This allows shooters to hear clearly until the weapon is fired and still have some hearing protection from the gunfire. Other specialty custom ear plugs include those for pilots, motorcyclists, military personnel and more.
Custom Swim Molds
These custom molds help reduce the amount of water that enters into the outer ear canal. This type of mold may be recommended for patients with external or middle ear precautions or tubes in the ear drum. These molds are recommended for swimmers and surfers as well.
Custom Ear Pieces for Musicians and Listeners
For active people who love their music and want to upgrade from the ear buds or head phones that they already use with their iPod or MP3 player, Custom Musicians’ Ear Pieces or Ear Buds offer a clear, custom listening experience. They fit comfortably and their sound quality is outstanding.
Our Audiology & Hearing Care Services
- Comprehensive Diagnostic Testing for All Ages
- Hearing Technologies for Every Lifestyle and Budget
- Vestibular and Balance Testing
- Tinnitus Evaluation and Treatment
- Repair and Service for Most Brands & Models of Hearing Aids
- Hearing Protection and Swim Molds
- Assistive Listening Devices
- Community Education Services